Last year there were 13,973 successful 
kidnappings of adults reported worldwide.

The U.S. Dept of Justice estimates that 
114,600 non-family abductions are 
attempted in the USA each year with 
approximately 3,200 to 4,600 being 

Nearly 800,000 children worldwide are 
reported missing each year.  That's more  than 2,000 a day.  57% ended with the  return of the child.  The other 43% had a  less happy outcome.
The largest obstacle to personal safety is YOU. Many people think "It can't 
happen to me" or "what's going to happen, is going to happen".

An attack against you or your family, a fire in your home or office, a potential 
fatal auto incident, or some other disaster can take place at any time. But you  have the power to be IN CHARGE of what happens to you and your family by  taking active responsibility for your own security.

Residential Security


• Use quality locks on all entrances,    including service doors and gates.

• Don't leave keys "hidden" outside of    your home.

• Keep doors locked even when you or    family are at home.

• Install locks on your fuse boxes or    power panel and other external power    sources.

• If you have bars on your windows,    review fire safety and escape routes    with your family.

• If you have security alarms, check and    use them.

• Keep at least one fire extinguisher on    each floor, in addition to one in the    kitchen.

• Regularly check smoke detectors and     the replace batteries.

• Vary daily routines and avoid    predictable behavior patterns.

• Know where your family members are    at all times.

Security for Children

• Teach your children to never answer    the door to strangers.

• Children should know local    emergency phone numbers or how to    dial 911.

• Children, even young ones, should    know their name, address, and phone    number.



• Caution teenagers about "blind dates"    or meeting someone they do not    know or someone they met on the    internet.

• Let children know they should not    give out personal information, such as    home address, absence of adults, etc.    over the phone or on the interne

• Teach children to say no to strangers    or even people they know if they are    uncomfortable with the situation.

• Teach children how to get out of the    house and where to go in case of    emergency.

In the Office

• Never leave your purse or    wallet in plain view

• Clearly mark your personal    property

• Do not leave cash or valuables    at the office

• If you work late, find a    coworker or a security guard    to walk you out

• Be aware of escape routes for    emergencies